At our own homes, the equation is quite simpler. It's fine if you clean at least once a week and keep it odor free, but if you own a place of business, maintenance of its washroom is essential. According to surveys, a large number of people will avoid showing up at places that have dirty and unpleasant toilets. However, to appoint someone to ensure full time preservation of the sanitary conditions, is completely out of the question. It takes only a few individuals to spoil the tidiness. Even generally tidy people are not concerned about cleaning an already soiled toilet. This is obviously the most unglamorous task to be performed, but it is quite relieving to find a hygienic and odor free place.
To maintain a clean, odor-free toilet there are key points that need to be taken care of :
- Dusting and wiping: Generally this should be done on daily basis. Finding hair on the tiles or on the floor should be cleaned as soon as possible. This can be one major reason for clogging and is the most important step in cleaning. There are cleaners available that attract the soil and wash them away. After scrubbing and rinsing thoroughly, the cleaners should be rinsed with plenty of water to remove all of the dirt.
- Heat up surfaces: Today there are several companies that will come and clean the restroom using a very technical manner. This is done by washing the entire place (tiles, shower, tub) with hot water and steam which helps in killing 99.99% of bacteria.
- Flush regularly: This is the most important point to keep in mind. Whenever the toilet is used, it should be flushed before and after its use. This main area, which if not cleaned, can cause a maximum number of infections and diseases.
- Spray: Air fresheners today come in all shapes, sizes, and even fragrances. While choosing them, we should perform a check that they are not over-powering. Strong smells can be offensive. Also, the smell of the freshener and urinal cakes should be similar. Competing scents can make the situation even worse.
- Glass and mirrors: Cleaning Sprays such as Colin, should be used in order to get rid of stains on the mirrors.
- Keeping fresh and clean supplies in the bathroom: After the cleaning is done, all the products should be kept in a proper place. Nowadays there are urinal mats available in the market. These should be placed around the toilet seat to soak up any urine that falls on them.
In this era of flu infection and in the threat of other infectious diseases, it shouldn't be surprising that the public is concerned about cleanliness. People do take pains to avoid germs and take various measures like flushing with their feet, pushing doors open with their shoulders, etc. A clean bathroom can teach people to maintain the freshness and can seriously reduce the amount of cleaning required to maintain sanitary conditions.
Stathakis, an ISSA CIMS-GB certified janitorial company, has been providing all the cleaning and janitorial services or business cleaning services, that are needed to keep one away from cold and flu in this season of high alert.
If you are shopping for Cleaning Services see Stathakis’ newest Ebook, "The 360 Buyer’s Guide to Better Cleaning Services", cleaning industry experts provide key insight into how to navigate through the maze of Cleaning Companies to find the best value for your facility. Get this Janitorial Buying Guide today!