Environmental Policy Statement
Stathakis works diligently to protect our environment by creating, training, implementing & sustaining environmentally preferable procedures. Environmentally preferable means it is the best current solution to minimize or eliminate any adverse short or long-term impact on the environment, insofar as it is practical for the area being cleaned. We offer environmentally preferable procedures in the following areas:
- Purchasing Selection
- Chemicals: any solid, powder, paste, liquid, gel or gas that is used in the cleaning process.
- Consumable Supplies: items that are used up during the cleaning process that are not chemicals, e.g., disposable gloves, absorbent matting, paper products, etc.
- Materials: items that are re-used in the cleaning process but are not as durable as equipment, e.g., mop heads, microfiber or other reusable cloths, etc.
- Equipment: any item that lasts for a year or more, e.g., mop buckets, maid carts, vacuums, scrubbers, vehicles, etc. Equipment is usually a capital investment, though not always.
- Packaging & Shipping Supplies
- Cleaning Methods
- Recycling and Waste Disposal Methods
- Environmental Policy and Procedures Training
- Environmental Policy Continuous Improvement Plan
We want all of our employees, customers and vendors to become intimately familiar with all of these procedures, adopting them not only in the workplace, but in our everyday lives. If we all do our part to preserve the environment, we will leave a better home for future generations.